Changing the Past
by William Jackson on 2004-05-28
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
The only thing I can remember from my childhood is my brother, and our good friendship.
- If you could be reincarnated as anything besides human, who would you want to be?
I always wanted to fly, so some kind of bird is an obvious choice. I also thought that a turtle reflected my personality the best. Heʼs deliberate and thoughtful and patient. Iʼd like to be more like him.
If you had to start your life all over, what are three things you would change?
This is a tough question, and I might have to cop out and say that I would never change anything. But in the interest of The Friday Five, the three changes I would make are:
- I would spend more time practicing the piano while I was young. I wish now more than anything that I had taken the time when I had it!
- I would say, “I love you,” to my parents and siblings more often.
- I would listen more.
- If you had to forget everything in your life, except one thing, what would it be?
I would never forget that God lives!
- Do you have a lucky charm?
As people have flown into and out of my life, I have had many different “lucky charms”. They are usually connected with people. A dollar coin from my grandparents, a bracelet from a good friend, and even a ballpoint pen from a British bank have been “lucky” to me.